Egg Shaped Sun Catcher Mobile
These sun catchers are a really great project for kids of all ages and since there is no glue or paint involved, you will love it too!
You will need:
- Clear contact paper - I bought mine at Office Max
- Construction Paper or card stock
- "Collage materials" - I used things I had lying around our craft corner but you use tissue paper, stickers, ribbons, glitter, paint chips or photos from magazines.
- Stick to hang mobile -I used a ruler which I covered with washi tape
- Hole punch or just something sharp to make a hole
On your card stock, draw an egg inside of an egg, leaving a half inch of space between the two. Next cut out both eggs - it's easier if your cut out the inner egg first. Take the backing off of your contact paper and place the egg on the sticky side. Pass the "sticky egg" to your kid and let them go to town placing things on the paper. When they are done, place another piece of contact paper on top and then trim around the outside edge. Repeat a few more times.
Next, make holes at the top of the eggs, add some string and hang your mobile. I tend to make a mobile for every holiday and season in our house. It helps my daughter to be aware of time passing and its just fun to decorate the windows and see how long it takes my husband to notice the change : )